Solve this DILR Question on Tea Tasting from CAT 2017. You are expected to answer the questions that follow, based on the constraints given. Some constraints could be specific to each question. If you would like to take these questions as a Quiz, head on here to take these questions in a test format, absolutely free.
A tea taster was assigned to rate teas from six different locations - Munnar, Wayanad, Ooty, Darjeeling, Assam and Himachal. These teas were placed in six cups, numbered 1 to 6, not necessarily in the same order. The tea taster was asked to rate these teas on the strength of their flavour on a scale of 1 to 10. He gave a unique integer rating to each tea.
Some other information is given below:
1. Cup 6 contained tea from Himachal.
2. Tea from Ooty got the highest rating, but it was not in Cup 3.
3. The rating of tea in Cup 3 was double the rating of the tea in Cup 5.
4. Only two cups got ratings in even numbers.
5. Cup 2 got the minimum rating and this rating was an even number.
6. Tea in Cup 3 got a higher rating than that in Cup 1.
7. The rating of tea from Wayanad was more than the rating of tea from Munnar, but less than that from Assam.
What was the second highest rating given? (TITA)
What was the number of the cup that contained tea from Ooty? (TITA)
If the tea from Munnar did not get the minimum rating, what was the rating of the tea from Wayanad?
If the cup containg teas from Wayanad and Ooty had consecutive numbers, which of the following may be true ?
CAT® (Common Admission Test) is a registered trademark of the Indian Institutes of Management. This website is not endorsed or approved by IIMs.
2IIM Online CAT Coaching
A Fermat Education Initiative,
58/16, Indira Gandhi Street,
Kaveri Rangan Nagar, Saligramam, Chennai 600 093